Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings are buttery, zesty and will WOW at your next family gathering! They are super easy to prepare and pack delicious flavor into every juicy bite!
These wings are suitable both as a starter and as a meal. Serve them with my insanely delicious air fryer, buffalo and chili lime for a summer barbecue that you will remember!
Easy Lemon Pepper Wings Recipe
Now that summer is here and family reunions are back, it’s time to impress your guests with these DELICIOUS lemon and pepper wings that rival anything you can get in a restaurant! You won’t want to order takeaway anymore! These wings have that amazingly flavorful, buttery glaze and crispy skin that my family can’t get enough of. All you need are a few simple ingredients and they’re super easy to make. Whether for a game day, a barbecue party or just a simple dinner, these wings are sure to be a winner!
Cooking these lemon and pepper wings in the oven creates the most perfect golden brown tender wings. Plus, you’re using half the oil that you would cook in a deep fryer! Not to mention the clutter and hassle that comes with cooking wings in oil. While they’re in the oven, you can spice up something from my Homemade Ranch for a perfectly spicy match made in Heaven!
Ingredients for lemon pepper wings
All you need are some fresh, delicious ingredients to prepare your lemon and pepper chicken wings!
- chicken wing: It is easiest to buy grand pianos that are already divided into flats and drumettes. Pat your chicken completely dry with a paper towel before cooking, otherwise it will get mushy instead of crispy!
- baking powder: This is the secret ingredient for the perfect crispy skin when baking wings instead of frying them. Be sure to thoroughly coat each piece with powder. Also, make sure you use baking soda and not baking soda or it will ruin your batch.
- Lemon Pepper Sauce: Preparing fresh lemon and pepper sauce is the key to perfect, zesty wings. What you need to prepare the sauce can be found below.
- Butter: Adding butter to your sauce will make your wings rich and tasty.
What you need for your sauce
The preparation of your lemon and pepper sauce is super easy, but tastes like it is from a restaurant!
- Lemon pepper spice: The preparation of homemade lemon and pepper spice gives your wings a delicious touch. Plus, you can customize your own mix to your taste!
- Lemon juice: You can use either freshly squeezed or bottled lemon juice.
- honey: This gives the wings just the right amount of sweetness and perfect texture.
Make your wings
Although these have a longer baking time, they are ready to hand in the oven and only need to be turned halfway. You could even use this time to make some of my Amazing Air Fryer French Fries for a quick and delicious side dish!
- Preparation: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Place the wings in a medium bowl or ziplock bag and mix with the baking soda.
- To bake: Place the wings in an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes, turning once until crispy.
- Preparation of the lemon and pepper sauce: Mix the butter, lemon pepper seasoning, lemon juice and honey in a small bowl. Pour on the cooked wings and toss to coat.
Tips for Perfecting Your Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
If you follow these simple tips, you can make the most beautiful grand pianos at home!
- Baking tray: Use an oven rack when cooking to make sure the heat circulates properly and your wings get crispy all around.
- Frozen wings: Never use frozen chicken wings – you will end up with a burnt outer layer and will not be cooked through on the inside. Always thaw the wings before cooking.
- Space Wings from: When placing wings on your baking sheet, make sure they aren’t too close together or you won’t have enough airflow to cook them thoroughly.
My personal favorite to complete the meal is to serve wings with fresh air fryers or potato wedges! You can also serve your wings with vegetables like carrots or celery. This is a great contrast to the piquant taste of the wings. You can also keep it simple and have a homemade ranch or blue cheese dressing ready for you to dip in!
Storing and reheating your lemon pepper wings
Your wings will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To keep them crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, I recommend reheating your wings in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes. If you think your wings are getting dry, you can sprinkle them with water before cooking. You can also reheat your wings in a skillet or in the microwave or air fryer for a quick snack for the kids!
Preparation of the lemon and pepper sauce:
Mix the butter, lemon pepper, lemon juice and honey in a small bowl. Pour on the cooked wings and toss to coat.
Calories530kcal (27%)carbohydrates9G (3%)protein30thG (60%)fat42G (65%)Saturated fat17thG (85%)Polyunsaturated fat6thGMonounsaturated fatty acids14thGTrans fats1Gcholesterol166mg (55%)sodium259mg (11%)potassium701mg (20%)Fiber1G (4%)sugar6thG (7%)Vitamin A727IE (fifteen%)vitamin C2mg (2%)calcium209mg (21%)iron2mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Every recipe and nutritional value depends on the brands, measuring methods and serving sizes used per household.