Justin Bieber, Tori Kelly and Jaden Smith will direct the show “Freedom Experience” on July 24th at SoFi Stadium as part of 1DayLA’s COVID-19 service event. Efforts are aimed at mobilizing 20,000 volunteers across southern California from July 18 to 24, according to a statement, “to offer hope and help by organizing urban beautification projects, back-to-school events, free medical clinics, homeless assistance and aid distribution. ”
The whole thing will culminate in the show “Freedom Experience” in the new 70,000-seat SoFi stadium in Inglewood, California with Bieber, Kelly, Smith and other acts. Volunteers who are willing to do at least three hours of service can register for the event here; a $ 29 registration fee supports 1DayLA’s efforts and includes an official 1DayLA t-shirt.
“The live concert event 1DayLA and The Freedom Experience shows the power and beauty of a city that comes together,” said Dominic Russo of 1DayLA in a statement. “After a prolonged crisis and isolation, people urgently need authentic expressions of hope, help and love. This will be an unforgettable opportunity to celebrate and dynamically influence communities across Los Angeles. “
According to the statement, Bieber was inspired to join the 1DayLA movement “because of his strong and longstanding belief that one of the most important things is to give ourselves in service to others. Bieber is committed to the powerful idea that a movement for change can begin with individuals helping one another and their communities. “
The event’s announcement said that with the help of more than 10,000 individuals and over 600 organizations already committed to attend, 1DayLA will be investing “tens of thousands” of service hours in hundreds of blocks in LA County, with 1DayLA allowing volunteer team members to participate are for a special event pass for the show “Freedom Experience”. The group’s stated goals include:
• Initiative 1 – Turn local faith communities into service centers.
• Initiative 2 – Eliminate US $ 47 million in medical debt across LA County.
• Initiative 3 – Provide SoCal’s most vulnerable children with a safe place to call their home.
• Initiative 4 – Reach, Rehabilitate, and Recover Inmates of LA.
• Initiative 5 – Introduce thousands of homeless people into rehabilitation programs.
• Initiative 6 – Ignite a movement of men who stand up for their families.
• Initiative 7 – Mobilize a historical team.
Check out Bieber’s post about the event below.