It’s no secret that I’m a big plant lover. I love to decorate our living and outdoor spaces with live plants.
In the spring I usually add lots of new outdoor plants and when the weather gets colder I bring them inside for the winter.
This post is in partnership with Walmart. As soon as I saw this potting station I ran outside and measured our space to make sure it would fit. It was easy to put together and super functional for plant projects all year round.
What to look out for in a potting station:
There are many pot station options online. Here are my picks to choose from!
- Consider what size is manageable for your space and garden goals.
- Choose a place where you are not afraid to make a mess. That’s why I chose outdoor.
- Think about your garden projects all year round.
How to pick herbs for your garden:
My favorite plants are herbs. I especially love rosemary and mint because I use them the most in cooking. I try to keep them all the time. I also love aloe because I grew up with my mom applying it to my cuts and scrapes and now I do it for my kids.
- Choose herbs that you use frequently in cooking.
- Keep a list of recipes you can make with your herbs.
- Remember to water your herbs almost daily – they need a lot of water.
I used to only ever collect white pots, but lately I’ve been enjoying different textures and natural colors as well.
I love these decorative stools and use them throughout our outdoor spaces for plant stands and as side tables next to our pool chairs.
Thing to add to your potting station:
- Garden tools like a trowel, scissors or spade (love this set)
- potting soil and seeds
- watering cans (these copper ones are cute and functional!)
Aren’t these the cutest garden tools you’ve ever seen? I love a matching set like this. These would also make a cute gift!
Left: Potting Station / Gardening Tool Set / Copper Watering Cans / Decorative Stool
I hope this post was helpful. If you have any questions, I’m happy to answer them in the comments. xx- Elsie
PS Here is a link to my dress too!