Fresh peach salsa is sweet and savory and the best of both worlds! Vine ripe peaches combined with garden vegetables create a delicious salsa to enjoy with tortilla chips or on chicken or fish.
There is nothing like fresh salsa in the summertime when fruits and vegetables are in season! I am always looking for yummy salsa recipes to use up my harvest. I love this easy blender salsa, and this slow cooker salsa, but our favorite is this sweet mango salsa!
What Is Peach Salsa?
The freshness and flavor of peach salsa are so incredible, and you won’t be able to stop eating it. The best thing to happen to traditional salsa is the addition of peach. Fresh tomatoes, cilantro, onion, jalapeño, and red pepper compliment the peach perfectly, and it is love at first bite. Gobble it up with my fresh tortilla chips, and you will see that they are a match made in heaven!
I love the combination of sweet and savory. This fresh peach salsa recipe is one of my favorites, but you have to try some of my other favorite sweet and savory recipes. This baked chicken, this crockpot chicken, and this easy grilled chicken are all so delicious!
Peach Salsa Ingredients
With just a few fresh ingredients, this peach salsa can be ready in minutes. All of these ingredients can be found in the produce section at the grocery store. But if you have a garden, fresh peach salsa is even easier.
- Peaches: Fresh vine-ripened peaches are the BEST! If it is peach season, you’re all set!
- Tomato: I like Roma or on the vine tomatoes, but use any tomato you like.
- Red Bell Pepper: Red peppers are a sweet and crunchy texture that is perfect.
- Red Onion: I love red onions in salsa!
- Cilantro: Fresh cilantro in salsa is the perfect herb to compliment the flavors.
- Jalapeño: Add just a little kick to the salsa. Feel free to leave it out if you prefer.
- Lime: Fresh lime juice brings a brightness to the salsa.
- Salt and Black Pepper: Season with salt and pepper to balance the flavors.
How To Make Peach Salsa
Making peach salsa is easy and is the perfect appetizer. It is simple to prepare and be enjoyed with so many dishes, but my favorite is on top of these easy shrimp tacos. Once you see how easy and delicious this salsa is, you’ll want it on everything!
- Dice: Dice all of the ingredients using a sharp knife or chopping appliance.
- Combine: In a medium sized bowl, combine the diced peaches, tomato, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro and jalapeño.
- Add Lime Juice and Season to Taste: Add lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill and Serve: Chilling is best to help all the flavors blend, but you can serve the salsa right away.
Ways to Serve It
I love how versatile this easy fresh peach salsa recipe is! There are so many ways to enjoy it. You can even add pineapple or strawberries to it! I can’t wait for you to make it, so here are some ideas for serving it.
- Chips: Serve with your favorite tortilla chips. (I love a salty chip to make a sweet and salty crunch)
- Meat: Use it to top grilled meats, such as chicken or pork.
- Seafood: Use it to top seafood, such as cod, tilapia, salmon, or shrimp
- Mexican Dishes: Use it to top tacos, burrito bowls, rice bowls, or quesadillas
- Appetizer or Side Dish: This mango salsa also makes a great appetizer or side dish to a summer BBQ – just grab a spoon!
Peach salsa is best made ahead of time and refrigerated a few hours before serving. It allows the flavors to blend together. If you have leftovers, the salsa can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days.
Dice all of the ingredients using a sharp knife or chopping appliance.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the diced peaches, tomato, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño.
Add lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
Chilling is best to help all the flavors blend, but you can serve the salsa right away.
Calories48kcal (2%)Carbohydrates11g (4%)Protein1g (2%)Fat0.3gSaturated Fat0.04gPolyunsaturated Fat0.1gMonounsaturated Fat0.1gSodium13mg (1%)Potassium230mg (7%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar8g (9%)Vitamin A1072IU (21%)Vitamin C32mg (39%)Calcium11mg (1%)Iron0.5mg (3%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.