Garlic Butter Herb Steak Bites with Potatoes are a simple meal full of tender garlic herb melt in your mouth steak with potatoes. This is a meal that the entire family will love!
We love steak at our house, so this Brown Sugar Garlic Flank Steak, these delicious Grilled Steak Fajita Skewers, and these classic Creamy Garlic Steak Bites with Mushrooms are some of our favorite steak go-to recipes!
Garlic Butter Herb Steak Bites with Potatoes
My steak-loving son is always begging for steak every single week. He loves steak and potatoes, and I love easy meals, so it is a win-win situation! This meal is so delicious, though, that everyone loves it, even those who normally prefer chicken or pork.
These small steak bites are covered with a delicious buttery garlic herb sauce that brings the most delicious flavor. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it! Plus, this is a one-skillet meal which means that since everything is cooked in the same pan, you get a blend of all of the flavors all at once. Trust me because this isn’t a recipe that you want to miss!
Ingredients in Steak Bites
These garlic butter herb steak bites pack a punch with the flavor, and yet achieving that delicious taste is so easy! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for all of the exact measurements.
- Olive Oil: You will cook the steak and potatoes in this.
- Butter: I used unsalted butter in this recipe.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes: Once you slice these up into quarters, then they will be the perfect size to complement the steak bites.
- Garlic Cloves: You can use minced garlic if you don’t have fresh garlic cloves on hand. ½ teaspoon equals about 1 clove of garlic.
- Dried Thyme, Rosemary, and Oregano: These dried herbs bring together a delicious aroma of flavors.
- Sirloin Steaks: The better the cut of steak, the better your meat will turn out!
- Salt and Pepper: These enhance all of the flavors in the steak bites.
Let’s Make Garlic Herb Butter Steak Bites
- Cook the Potatoes: Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and then add olive oil and butter, potatoes, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and oregano. Cook for about 3 minutes, stir, and cook an additional 3 minutes until fork tender. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add Steak: Turn the skillet to high heat. Add the steak bites. Let the steak sear for a minute, and then continue to stir the steak until they are golden brown.
- Garnish: Top the steak with fresh chopped herbs (optional).
Do I have to use Sirloin Steak?
No! You can use other steaks in this garlic herb and butter steak bite recipe. You can substitute with a tenderloin, or New York strip steak.
These garlic herb and butter steak bites make delicious leftovers, and I love having them for lunch or dinner the next day! You can store leftover steak bites in an airtight container in your fridge for 2-3 days. Then, when you are ready to reheat them, cook them in a skillet on low until they are heated through.
Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil and butter, potatoes, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and oregano. Cook for about 3 minutes, stir, and cook for an additional 3 minutes until fork tender. Remove and set aside on a plate.
Turn the skillet to high heat. Add the 1 tablespoon butter and steak bites. Let the steak sear for a minute, and then continue to stir the steak until they are golden brown.
Top the steak with fresh chopped herbs.
Calories275kcal (14%)Carbohydrates12g (4%)Protein27g (54%)Fat13g (20%)Saturated Fat5g (25%)Cholesterol81mg (27%)Sodium114mg (5%)Potassium770mg (22%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A160IU (3%)Vitamin C11.6mg (14%)Calcium69mg (7%)Iron5mg (28%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.