This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Introducing the easiest and tastiest appetizer that every party needs! Bacon crackers start with a buttery cracker layered with salty bacon and sprinkled with brown sugar and black pepper. It only takes 4 ingredients to make this sweet and salty snack.
Any appetizer that has bacon is a winner in my book! I have a few favorite appetizers to serve at your next party. Try this cheeseball, these bacon-wrapped chestnuts, and my personal favorite, jalapeno poppers with bacon!
Candied Bacon Crackers
I can’t even describe the magic that happens when these candied bacon crackers bake! The buttery crackers absorb the bacon drippings, and the sugar melts and caramelizes the cracker into an addicting snack. The salty crisp bacon paired with the sweet sugar are PERFECTION! It’s the BEST flavor combination! Everyone goes wild over these appetizers and the best part is how easy they are to make.
I love an easy appetizer that I can whip up last minute. You never know when you’ll have guests last minute and this is the appetizer to make when that happens. Here are some more easy appetizer recipes that don’t require a lot of ingredients. Make these little smokies, this shrimp, or our all-time favorite 5-minute dip!
Ingredients to Make Bacon Crackers
All it takes is 4 ingredients to make these sweet and savory bacon crackers! It’s such a simple appetizer and takes no time at all. Find the exact measurements in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Club Crackers: The perfect-sized cracker to fit the bacon slices.
- Bacon: Choose your favorite! Use thick-cut, thin-cut, or peppered bacon. There’s no need to sprinkle with pepper if it’s already on the bacon.
- Brown Sugar: Caramelizes and candies the bacon for a sweet and salty combination.
- Cracked Black Pepper: A little heat and texture, I love the added pepper!
Let’s Make Bacon Crackers
This bacon crackers recipe is the easiest appetizer to whip up! In no time at all you will have a flavor-packed appetizer that will be everyone’s favorite! Bring these to your next party or game day.
- Preheat Oven, Prepare Pan: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit then place a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Arrange Crackers on Prepared Pan: Line the crackers in a single layer on top of the wire rack.
- Cut and Place Bacon Pieces on Crackers: Cut the bacon into fourths then place 1 piece on top of each cracker. Save the remaining bacon for another recipe!
- Sprinkle with Sugar and Pepper: Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the bacon. Lastly, sprinkle cracked black pepper on top of the brown sugar.
- Bake: Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crisp to your liking. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
Here are my tips and variations below for making these bacon crackers. I also have a few ideas on how to make them spicy if you like added heat. You’re going to love how quick and easy they are!
- Crackers: Any buttery cracker will work for this appetizer. I prefer using Club crackers because they are sturdy enough to withhold the bacon and sugar as they melt and seep into the cracker. I also love the perfect size that it is for the bacon!
- Make it Spicy: Add sliced jalapenos, red pepper flakes, or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper if you want more heat. Also, the added spice levels up all the flavors. It’s DELICIOUS!
- Freeze Bacon: Here’s a little tip for cutting the bacon. Pop it in the freezer for about 20 minutes before cutting it. It chills and hardens slightly to make the cutting easier. Save any leftover bacon for another recipe or double this recipe. The more bacon crackers the better!
- Wrap the Crackers: Instead of placing the bacon on top, simply wrap a longer piece around the whole cracker. You may need to adjust the baking time but more bacon? Yes please!
How to Store Bacon Crackers
These bacon crackers will disappear before you know it! They are so addicting and your guests will devour them. However, here’s how to store any leftovers you might have.
- On the Counter: Place any leftover bacon crackers in an airtight container. Allow them to cool before storing them. They will keep on the counter for up to 2 days. The crackers and bacon may lose some of their crispiness, but the overall flavor will still be enjoyable. These crackers are best served at room temperature and I don’t recommend storing them in the fridge.
Pin this now to find it later
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet.
Line the crackers in a single layer on top of the wire rack.
Cut the bacon into fourths and place 1 piece on top of each cracker. Save the remaining bacon for another recipe.
Sprinkle brown sugar over the top of the bacon. Next, sprinkle cracked black pepper on top of the brown sugar.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crisp to your liking. Enjoy!
Serving: 1crackerCalories: 51kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 1gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.04gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 74mgPotassium: 20mgFiber: 0.1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 3IUCalcium: 6mgIron: 0.2mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.