(as of UTC – Details)
N.B. This is the B&W (black and white) paperback version, for those who want to have a cheaper option but the same good value! If you prefer the full-color version, choose the hardcover book!
Would you like to make your own pizza at home but don’t know where to start? Have you tried recipes time and time again, but the results you had were not up to your expectations? Maybe you are even an aspiring pizza chef who wants to find out what lies behind the mysterious world of pizza, searching for details from theory to practice? If you answered yes to any one of these questions, this book is definitely for you!
After 35 years of experience, I have gained both in Italy and abroad, I decided that all the information I managed to gather over time should not remain a secret. It could be a great starting point for other interested people.
In ”Authentic Italian Pizza”, I delve into all the aspects that concern the fascinating world of Italian pizza.
Through this book, I will explain to you the important role that each ingredient has, both chemically and practically, in creating the perfect dough. What is behind the leavening process, (the “Achilles’ heel” for many), as well as a step-by-step plan of how to create a professional pizza from start to finish.
I will walk you through the incredible world of pizza – fingers crossed!
Thanks to this ITALIAN bestseller book about pizza, you will discover:
- How to use and manage poolish and biga;
- How to create your sourdough without sour surprises;
- The role and the right choice of the 5 ingredients that make up the dough;
- How to create a professional dough with correct timing and well-executed procedure both by hand and with the mixer;
- The step-by-step guide on how to create, roll out, and put the topping on an Italian pizza;
- How to manage wood fire baking;
- The complete procedure for baking pizza, pan pizza, Genovese focaccia, and other baked goods;
- All my professional recipes to put into practice, both in a pizzeria and at home, with excellent results.
…and much more!
As you may have guessed, I aimed to write this book as intricately as possible, starting from theory right up to the practical side.
It was developed according to the timeline order needed to create a pizza; thanks to this feature, you will be able to put into practice what you have learned steadily and gradually.
By the end of reading this, you will be able to make a professional pizza, either at a pizzeria or at home. I say this with confidence because I will direct you on all the technical differences to be adopted, avoiding the common mistakes that learners often make.
After all, the real secret is that there is no perfect recipe for creating a noteworthy Italian pizza. Still, it is the sum of information, advice, and experience that, collected together in the right way and with the proper awareness, will help you to create a product that will please you and others.
What are you waiting for? Let’s have a finger in the pie!