Celebrate the glorious apricot season with this quick and easy way to prepare an abundance of these sweet summer fruits. With just 30 minutes and a little love, these juicy little fruits become soft, syrupy and creamy and bring a ray of sunshine to your plate.
You can enjoy them as they are with yogurt or ice cream, make it a delicious breakfast or dessert or even a summer cocktail!
Simple baked apricots
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
YOU WILL NEED:
1kg of ripe apricots
1 vanilla pod
2 tablespoons of golden powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C / 400 ° F / gas 6.
- Halve and stone the apricots, then place in a tight-fitting roasting tray.
- Halve the vanilla pod, scrape the pulp into the tray and throw in the pod.
- Peel 1 orange with a speed peeler, then squeeze in the juice from both oranges.
- Scatter the sugar on top, add a splash of water and mix everything together.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until soft and syrupy. Let cool down. They can be kept covered in the refrigerator for a few days.
Put your favorite granola in a bowl, add Greek style yogurt and place a few apricots on top. Drizzle with a little cooking syrup and garnish with roasted coconut flakes if you like.
Whip up some ricotta and spread on a toast slice. Place a few apricots on top, drizzle with a little cooking syrup and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves.
Mash an apricot or two with a fork, then strain through a fine sieve until a smooth puree is obtained. Pour into a cocktail glass and top up with prosecco or cava for a nice bellini.
If you feel fruity afterward, check out more Fruit recipes.